Meet Dr. Goeckermann
After completing his training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Temple University Hospital, Dr. Rob Goeckermann returned to the Milwaukee area, where he spent his childhood and where his father practiced Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He joined Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Consultants of Wisconsin, S.C. in 2012 and has now rebranded the practice as Greater Milwaukee Oral Surgery, L.L.C.
He offers his patients the full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial services including:
- Dental implants with comprehensive soft and hard tissue grafting
- Surgical removal of teeth, including wisdom teeth
- Corrective and reconstructive jaw surgery
- Surgical treatment of pathologic conditions
- Sleep apnea diagnosis and treatment
- TMJ diagnostic and surgical services
- Reconstructive trauma surgery
Dr. Goeckermann regularly attends continuing education to remain apprised of the latest developments in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He has a special interest in dental implant reconstruction, corrective jaw surgery, and oral pathology.
After attending Tulane University for undergraduate studies, Dr. Goeckermann attended Marquette University School of Dentistry and subsequently was granted internship training at both the Medical College of WI and Drexel University Hospital. He then pursued his post-graduate residency training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he became Chief Resident. Throughout his oral surgery residency, Dr. Goeckermann was involved in research and lectured at various professional conferences.
He currently maintains his professional status as:
- Member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the Wisconsin Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the Wisconsin Dental Association
- Board Member of the Greater Milwaukee Dental Association
- Member of the American Dental Association
A sports enthusiast, Dr. Goeckermann is an associate member of Milwaukee Barbarians Rugby Club and Lapham Peak Trail Runners. He also enjoys downhill skiing, scuba diving, biking, and watching his three sons play on their various sports teams. Dr. Goeckermann and his wife are involved in many volunteer activities in their community.